I have been operating in a business for quite some time now and have owned a smartphone for over 3 years! (iPhone 3G & iPhone 4S).
Now I have come to realise that I have a specific set of apps on my phone which help me keep linked to the business and the industry when I’m on the move.
These are my most essential iPhone apps for businesses:
- BBC News – Keep in the know about what’s happening in the world, with the BBC News app you can setup feeds that are targeted at your industry so you can keep an eye on stories that could affect your business.
- Flipboard – again flipboard is a very powerful tool to collate all of your info streams into one app, I have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Dribbble, Smashing Magazine and Industry news amongst others configured to give me a daily concise digest of news revolving our industry and the people involved within it.
- WordPress – the app I am using right now to write this blog post. If your company runs a WordPress blog, use the app to post full-featured posts on the go.
- Notes – good ol’fashioned Notes, you never know when your going to need to write something down
- Facebook/Twitter – both apps are essential to keep your social media communities and following buzzing with hype around your product or brand.
- Fast analytics – a basic app I use to quickly check our Google Analytics account to check unique visitors etc. to our websites.
- Skype – a must have app if you, like me, make many international calls!
- Log me in – I have praised this app before but it deserves another shout out! Basically if your pc is on you can control it from anywhere in the world using your iPhone, I have my laptop, my pc and my mac all accessible from my iPhone at anytime…